Press: Amy Cunha of Big Picture PR firstname.lastname@example.org
Last year when my surrogate daughter* Melanie- the daughter of my dear friend -moved in with my husband, our three children, and three dogs, my friends warned me that I wouldnt like reaching for an item of clothing/accessory and discover that she had borrowed it. But they were wrong! When it happens, and it happens A LOT, I feel rather cool!
If a young, budding fashion star was borrowing my stuff, then I must still be relatively hip or, as my husband puts it, you dress like a 19 year-old.”
Either way, Melanie and I often walk out of our rooms to find each other wearing eerily similar versions of outfits. Thus was born 39nineteen.com, a fashion blog chronicling fashion & lifestyle trends on two generations. We both gravitate towards easy, uniform style outfits with a tomboy edge and a little sex appeal. We hope our blog gives all the busy women out there ideas for how to stay fashionable at any age and price point.
Sometimes youll see us in the same outfits and sometimes with a piece or a trend styled for our different ages. But in every case, it’s fashion for women on the go.
*My best friend and I have taken it upon ourselves to help love, raise, and care for each others’ babies as if they were our own. Though biology may disagree with our way of being, were all a family that bears double the love and support.
15 Things You Don’t Know About Chris
1. My ideal day is sitting in bed watching shows, drinking coffee, reading to my kids and of course shopping online.
2. I call my night-time, fashion site trolling routine my “fashion porn.”
3. Musicals make me angry, but since my 4 year-old loves them, and I mean LOVES them, I have to hear Annie songs every day.
4. Im a sucker for animals. In the last few years Ive had a mouse, 2 bunnies, a turtle, 2 horses, 4 dogs, a bird and a fish.
5. I drink a bone broth smoothie every morning and my favorite food is bacon.
6. I run two other companies. One is a private social network for women called A Band of Women and one is a publishing company called Nothing But The Truth.
7. Melanie and I love to play pranks on each other. Weve recently had a Pinterest hacking war. It began when I saw Ms computer open and Pinterest up. I took it upon myself to make a board (on her account) devoted to Justin Bieber then I broadcast it on Facebook.
8. I got my first tattoo at 16 in a biker joint in Michigan (Im from Ann Arbor). Unfortunately, it is of Felix the Cat.
9. Melanie and I drive the same car.
10. Some of my favorite places: hiking and river rafting outside of Sarajevo in Bosnia, Petra in Jordan, wandering the streets of Venice with my husband (really wandering any town with my husband), beach chilling in Buzios, Brazil and family vacations on the North Shore of Ohau, Hawaii
12. I climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro.
13. My favorite design houses are Celine, Miu Miu, Chloe, Margiela, Rick Owens and Ann Demeulemeester. You will also catch me in pieces from Target, but my ultimate favorite is vintage store shopping.
14. I met my husband through my divorce attorney.
15. Everybody thought I was a boy until I was 12 and I still prefer a tomboy edge to sexy clothes.
Last year when I moved into my other mothers home, I struck fashion gold.
I had already been poaching pieces from her closet since I was about 12, but this new transition amplified wardrobe and thievery to the next level.
Mama Chris hoards fabulous high and low end trends, vintage pieces and some surprisingly cool thrift store finds. And she doesnt care if I swipe anything-from her Ann Demeulemeester tanks, to a Rick Owens jacket or a Chanel bag. Nothing is off limits. And if something doesnt fit, then we usually own the same item, like our matching black Adidas high-tops, leather leggings, or rag & bone jeans.
15 Things You Don’t Know About Melanie
1. Im obsessed with shoes. But I hope to design dresses.
2. Ive been designing clothes since I was 6; my cousin/best friend and I would cut up old clothes/sheets and make clothes for our American Girl dolls and Barbies.
3. Technically, I have 11 siblings.
4. My favorite band of all time is the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Ive been in love with Anthony Keidis since I was 11.
5. Im such a 90s girl because I wear those stretchy chokers basically every day/my runner up favorite bands are Audioslave, Nirvana, Alice In Chains and The Backstreet Boys.
6. Every year at Christmas time since I was 3, Ive gone to the Christmas high tea at the Fairmont in San Francisco.
7. When I was 8 I fell off a scooter and broke off the bottom half of my (permanent) two front teeth, and had to have stitches in my gums (gross).
8. I never the leave the house without my fingers doused with rings/my crazy pills.
9. My hair has been dyed every color imaginable and I love to dramatically change it as often as Niki my hair stylist (of over 10 years) will let me.
10. I want to be a fashion designer, and Ive known since I was 13 after discovering Balmain in Vogue Paris.
11. I have OCD so my room is always spotless. A messy room literally stresses me out.
12. When I was 6 my favorite movie was Weird Science and I watched it over 50 times.
13. I cant sit still, Im always doing art or creating something; whether its drawing, designing, making collages/clothes, studding jackets/shoes, or making jewelry.
14. I love the show Will & Grace, Ive seen every episode a million times and I watch re-runs pretty much every day.
15. My favorite designers are Ann Demeulemeester, Marchesa, Rick Owens, Julien Macdonald, Haider Ackermann, and Saint Laurent (there are so many more!!).