Inspired by Dolce & Gabbana’s fall 2012 campaign, the lace look was born. I’ve had this fantastic romantic-goth lace Marcia Bianca Nero dress since I was twelve, and Chris found the lace pants recently in a vintage store. Check it out, see what you think and let us know by commenting below.
I (Chris) was thrilled to wear my inexpensive, but I think rather fabulous, high waisted lace pants. I, however, was worried about looking ridiculous with faux-floral hair adornment. Can you wear those after 39? I had initially leaned toward a large feather headpiece (which in retrospect was probably just as, if not more, ridiculous looking), but after Melanie showed me the Dolce & Gabbana influence and she didn’t give me the stink eye when I snapped the headband on, I went for it. I hope you like the pictures!
To see the influence behind this look, click here
- Topshop bralet similar here
- Vintage lace pants similar here
- Stuart Weitzman sandal heel similar here
- Urban Outfitters flower headband melanie wore this at Outside Lands
- Maria Bianca Nero dress similar here
- Jil Sander wedge similar here for less!
- Johnny Loves Rosie garland headband
Photographer – Cavan Clark
Hair & Makeup – Joseph Alarcon
Co-Stylist – Whitney Blickman